School Community Council (SCC)
The Friday, April 15 meeting is cancelled and will be moved to April 22.
If you are unable to attend in person, a Zoom link can be requested from email@example.com to join remotely.
Overview of the Duties of the School Community Council
The School Community Council (SCC) is a shared governance council formed by the parents and staff of Bryant Middle School in accordance with state law. The SCC was established in 1974 by the Salt Lake School Board, which has empowered each SCC to make decisions regarding their school as a cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions within that school. Its membership should represent school employees and parents or guardians of students. Ideas for discussion topics may be generated by any individual or group in the school community.
Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by Utah state statute include the following:
- Develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Develop the School LAND Trust Plan: Click on the link to visit the School Land Trust website. Click on the “schools” tab and then choose Salt Lake (District) and Bryant MD to see the final report for 2018-19.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan.
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school). SNAP
- Advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
- Develop a reading achievement plan