COVID-19 District Information
The sick room is allowed for short-term assistance. Parents/guardians will be called and are expected to pick up students who are ill. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached an adult from the emergency contact list will be called.
· Band-Aids and Neosporin are provided for student with minor scrapes or cuts.
· Feminine Hygiene pads are provided for emergency situations. The office is not authorized to provide students with tampons.
· Ice for minor injuries can be provided. Students are required to call home whenever they request ice to keep parents informed.
· All head injuries will be reported to parent/guardian by phone.
· Medication is not stocked, stored, or distributed on the premises for general use. Staff is not authorized to give students medication. We encourage parents/guardians to have students take medication outside of school hours.
· Students that require health care plans for specific health conditions will need to turn in completed S-9: Student Medication Form to the Vice-Principal. Wade Capps, the school nurse, will coordinate with parents/guardians and Vice-Principal to set up the health care plans that meet the student’s needs.
· No student is to attend school when suffering from any type of illness during its contagious period. (I.e. lice, pinky eye, strep throat…)
Keep your child home from school if:
· Your child was sick with vomiting or watery diarrhea within the last 24 hrs.
· Your child had a fever of 100 degrees or higher at any time within the last 24 hrs.
· Your child is being treated for strep throat (must be on antibiotics for 24 hrs. before returning to school)
· Your child has crusted or matted eyelashes and/or green, yellow, or white sticky eye drainage along with redness. Please note: your child needs it see a doctor for medication if it is “pink eye”.